Saturday, April 27, 2013

Roller coaster vs Merry Go Round

I had a big long post as p what was going on over this way but now I'm a bit tired... so here is the blunt version. About a month ago we started looking in to getting Hunter into getting some help. In the mean time, he's been diagnosed with bi-polar (yes he's young to be diagnosed with this but it's quite evident) he still has adhd, conduct disorder, odd and reactive attachment disorder. Quite a lot for a little guy to deal with. So in the turmoil of figuring that out I was also diagnosed with Bipolar 1. Not a huge surprise... for those of you that have witnessed my life. So in the mix of figuring out meds for Hunter we had EKG's for him and while I was there he did one on Shyanne and I. So the twins and I have a rare genetic heart condition called Long QT syndrome, which severely limits the types of medications we can take. Hunter was inpatient for the last week and a half and is looking at starting residential (long term) starting Monday. As a mom,this breaks my heart... most of these ailments do pass through the maternal side, so there is a lot of parental guilt. Shyannes hearts was fine but Shae refuses to take the test, not wanting it on his medical records... I guess that's his choice at this point, he has been educated. So the next few months at our home may be calm but will be missing. I love my babies and have never been away from him for this long, and gav's separation anxiety will be huge...poor guy. It's nothing I'm announcing on facebook, obviously.... but that's where we are right now.

1 comment:

  1. Heather....There's just nothing I can say. We all hope. We pray. We wonder what to do. It's unbelieveable that such a young, defenseless boy can be put to go up against these things. He needs to learn to pray and say his prayers everyday. I hope you can email me where he is and when we can see him. We all love him so much. I worry about all of you. Keep breathing. And believe in miracles.

    ReplyDelete